When we boarded the ship, the NCL Dawn, which I will cover in great detail in another post, and made our way to our cabin, my husband had arranged for the cabin to be decorated for my birthday. There was a sign, streamers, and balloons throughout the cabin as well as a birthday cake. My husband contacted the cruise line to set it up, but you can also contact your travel agent for assistance in setting up something special.
For our anniversary, my husband went all out. He ordered the Deluxe Romance Package from Norwegian Cruise Line which included the following:
- Sparkling Wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation
- Choice of Mandara Spa Exotic Frangipani Body Nourishing Wrap or Exotic Coconut and Milk Ritual Wrap for one
- Two 25- minute Mandara Spa half body Seven Seas Massages
- Tea service in stateroom on the afternoon of your choice
- Breakfast in bed on one day of your choice
- A beautiful keepsake formal portrait
- Romantic dinner for two in Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine
This was our breakfast in bed, which was definitely a little unusual. However, this was more than I would have ever expected so I am not about to complain. I was more than happy with going on vacation for a week and that would have sufficed so to have my husband go all out and do all these extras was more than I ever expected!
If you are going to be at sea for a special occasion, plan ahead and contact your travel agent or the cruise line for assistance. If you’re creative, you can take the standard package the cruise line offers and tweak it to make it even more special, but even the standard package is special. Who doesn’t want to feel special on their birthday or anniversary?