Sometimes I am singularly focused, but most times I have several concurrent obsessions. Here are a few of my current obsessions…
- Song of the Week: “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran off his upcoming album, “Divide” album. After watching him perform it live on the Grammy’s, I couldn’t get this song out of my head.
- Book of the Week: “Memoirs of Normalcy” by Joleene DesRoisers Moody whom I met at BloggyCon 2016. Great book for anyone wondering if they’re on the right path. Joleene is an amazing writer and this is a must read.
- Movie of the Week: This month I was treated to movies on airplanes (Virgin Atlantic) and cruise ships (Fred Olsen). Two movies I watched that were pretty good were:
- Florence Foster Jenkins: While I might never have gone to the movies to see it, this was a really good airplane movie. Unexpected and of course, Meryl Streep is always brilliant in anything she does.
- Past Movies of the Week: These are movies I saw recently and I’m not quite ready to let them go just yet:
I Origins (2014): This science fiction drama film premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival. If you believe even a little in reincarnation and aren’t looking for a sappy love story, then you have to watch this movie.
- The Walking Dead: Holding on and hoping that this show hasn’t jumped the shark. Although this week’s Eugene centric episode was pretty amazing.
- E3Live: Never heard of it? Neither did I, but this all-organic superfood is 100% Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA) and a nutrient dense superfood that contains over 65 vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fatty acids. One shot daily and you’ll definitely feel the difference.
- Instagram: Fitness, travel, tattoos, sugar bagels (donuts), cat puppies (kittens) – that’s just a few of the stuff I obsess about and get my fix on Instagram. Have you checked out Travel Shop Girl on Instagram?
- GoPro: With my GoPro in hand, I’m equipped to be a photography beast. Stay out of my way or I’ll whack you with my monopod!
- Tattoos: Definitely not for everyone, but I am loving researching tattoos, tattoo styles, and of course, art.
- All Things Ghost Related: I’m so into paranormal investigations now and plan to incorporate them more frequently into my regular travel.
- My novel: Yes, in addition to writing about travel, I’m also writing a book. A fictional novel based in exotic locations around the world, this story is about a woman in the midst of a crisis. What path will she take in her life? Will she make the right decision?
- Photobombing: If you have a camera and I’m nearby, I’m probably going to try to get into your picture. Just giving you a heads up now, ok?
- Finished reading: “Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology” by Leah Remini. I adore Leah Remini and her NY hard ass attitude. This book was devoured in two days and my respect for her has easily doubled. Also, in preparation for my last trip, I read up and refreshed myself on all things Emily Brontë. I not only read “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Brontë, but also “A Life of Emily Brontë” by Edward Chitham.
- And, of course, planning my next trip.