I live to travel – no seriously, I do! When I’m not traveling, I’m thinking about places I want to visit and researching those places thoroughly. When I’m not traveling, I’m antsy, fidgety, and sometimes some might say even insufferable. This girl has got to roam and in 2014, I roamed to some fascinating places on the planet.
1. To start the year off right, I enjoyed an amazing New Year’s Eve trip in Cardiff, Wales to ring in 2014. Remember that big snow storm that hit the east coast of the US? That prevented me from attending my first New Media Expo in Las Vegas, BUT I had the chance to spend a few extra days in London at the beginning of 2014, but I’m not complaining.
2. Later in January I spent a few days in my home city of Boston and had a blast in the Fenway area of Boston. Lots of snow, eating out, relaxing, and working out.
Where did my travels take me in 2014?
3. In February I headed south to get some sun and to warm up. I boarded the Celebrity Constellation in Fort Lauderdale and cruised for five nights to my ports of call in Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico.
4. Lucky me! Another cruise and only a month later in March! This time I was off on the Norwegian Getaway out of Miami with ports of call to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Nassau, Bahamas.
5. Nothing beats a weekend in Boston where I live, especially when I got to see the Red Sox play two games in great May weather.
6. How could I possibly forget my first Ragnar Relay in May? Lots of training led to an amazing weekend I’ll never forget.
7. The sea was calling to me again in May when I departed on a short 4-night cruise on the Norwegian Sky out of Miami to Nassau, Freeport, and Norwegian Cruise Line’s private island, Great Stirrup Cay.
8. In July I had a whirlwind tour of St. Thomas and St. John courtesy of the USVI Tourism Board and enjoyed great sites, food, and experiences.
10. I was off to Europe at the end of August with a flight to Venice and then a cruise on the MSC Preziosa with ports of call to Bari, Italy; Katakolon, Greece (where I drove to Olympia); Izmir and Istanbul, Turkey; and Dubrovnik, Croatia. Let’s just say I’ve fallen in love with Italy (and Turkey and Croatia) and can’t wait to return.
11. Then I left for Cancun for my first TBEX! What a great conference and a terrific way to meet and learn from other travel bloggers!
13. After my trip, I had the pleasure of spending six weeks sick at home with the flu, sinus infection, etc. That put any and all travel plans of mine on hold for quite some time.
14. What a better way to spend Christmas (just joking!) than to see The Interview at one of its limited release showings at Apple Cinemas in Cambridge. Merry Christmas America! I didn’t have to travel far, but should I have to in order to see a movie, whether or not North Korea and Kim Jong-un want me to or not?
While I won’t be heading out anywhere special this year for New Year’s Eve, I’m hoping 2015 brings me plenty of fun and exciting places to visit with great stories to tell and share and I hope the same for you as well!
Happy New Year!!!!