Who doesn’t love a good cocktail? The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas has a multitude of bars from which to choose and tons of great cocktails that you might have a hard time deciding where to start. Here are a few of my favorite cocktails at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas.
Vesper Bar: Located near the Lobby and with a “nod to the obscure cocktail created by James Bond,” this beautiful bar with modern sophistication offers an interesting concept, a rotating drink menu of signature cocktails based on long-forgotten recipes prepared by professional mixologists.
- Dealer’s Choice: A certain someone decided to give this a try and answered a few questions (which liquor do you prefer, etc.) to receive his idea of the perfect bourbon cocktail made with sugar and lemon that was smooth with a hint of sweetness.
- Spicy Bloody Mary: If it’s before noon and I’m visiting a bar, you better bet my drink of choice will be a Bloody Mary, but by no means was this a traditional Bloody Mary. Based on my request, Christopher prepared a super spicy Bloody Mary made with “fire water” or habanero juice. Yes — this drink was spicy and just the way I like it so much so that I started a few of my days off here at the Vesper Bar.
The Chandelier Bar: It’s impossible to miss The Chandelier Bar inside The Cosmopolitan as it spans three floors, starting from the first floor inside the casino.
TSG Tip: Did you know that the The Chandelier Bar is made of 21 miles of crystal-bead swags?
The Cosmopolitan says that The Chandelier is “a living, breathing architectural wonder created by luminous beaded curtains of light.”
Will, a charming Californian now living in Las Vegas, was working at The Chandelier when I visited on my last morning in Las Vegas and he definitely hooked us up. We sampled the following cocktails from the first floor Chandelier menu:
- Cat’s Pajamas: A play on the classic cocktail The Bee’s Knees: Tanqueray Old Tom Gin, Lavender infused Honey Syrup, Fresh Lemon finished with a Honeycomb. Who knew cat’s pajamas could be so tasty?
- Shiso Horny: A cocktail that fuses Mexican, Asian, & Indian cuisine: Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, Oloroso Sherry, House Made Pineapple-Habanero Syrup, Saffron Tincture, finished with Black Pepper-Honey, Salt & Shiso. Had to order it because of the name, but loved the fusion-y taste of this drink! Light and refreshing with an eclectic taste that made me feel like I was traveling around the world.
- Verbena: I’m all for anything that’s not on the menu and when Will mentioned the off menu Verbena, I had to have it. The Cosmopolitan describes it as “a highly aromatic cocktail playing on the sweet lemon of the verbena and the kick of the ginger. Eat the Szechuan button first to take your taste buds for a ride on an electric roller coaster.” The drink is light and refreshing while the “Szechuan button” (Acmella oleracea) is a total contrast to that. It’s not spicy like you might think the name implies. It kind of dissolves into a weird consistency on your tongue as you chew on it and then your mouth gets super tingly and changes the taste of the drink. It doesn’t last long, but it is definitely worth a try. This was definitely one of my favorites.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
With several bars to choose from during my stay at The Cosmopolitan, this was only a sampling but definitely a few of my overall favorites. Do you have a favorite drink from The Cosmopolitan or anywhere in Las Vegas? Let me know!